Principal Software Engineer - Internal Software at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
This team empowers Toast engineers to deliver high quality code, with ease, through the development process and into production. Our work reaches across the organization, uses a wide array of technologies and problem solving, and makes our android application and its cloud companion easy to build, test, and deploy at scale.
Some projects we’ve been cooking up recently include:
- Hosting full Toast environments on local development laptops and in the cloud
- Building out an Android device cluster for automated integration testing
- Adding scaling factors to all aspects of the development environment
- Creating highly scalable Jenkins build farms
About this roll*:
- Create developer tools in support of a flourishing company
- Use your familiarity with DevOps methodologies to improve quality
- Be able to program in a variety of different programming languages
(we use Kotlin, Java, Groovy, and Python among others)
- Champion best practices such as quality test automation and automation of release pipelines
- Coach and guide other engineers
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- A tool maker at heart who enjoys empowering others
- 3+ years of experience with modern CI/CD tools
- A solid understanding of Linux internals
- Solid experience with Git (Github a plus)
- Cloud experience (AWS preferred)
- A get-things-done attitude and track record of success
- Experience with Ansible, Packer and Terraform desirable
- Experience with Android application development an advantage
*Bread puns encouraged but not required