Principal Software Engineer - Infrastructure at Lose It!
Lose It! is available on iOS, Android and loseit.com where we've helped our members lose over 80 million pounds. Our product-first strategy has resulted in more than 1 million monthly active users that we’re able to help live healthier lives.
As a Software Engineer on the Infrastructure team at Lose It! you'll help design and build new features, products, and capabilities on our backend infrastructure (in support of the users of our mobile apps) and our frontend and website. We believe that small teams of talented people can do great things, so we're looking for someone that can contribute to all phases of building a great product.
What makes a great Principal Software Engineer at Lose It!?
- Deep understanding and experience with running workloads in a cloud provider - for instance Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc
- Comfortable coding and debugging in the whole stack - Java, SQL, Redis, web servers, message queues
- Familiarity with being in an on-call rotation for production systems and can resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Executes tactical efforts autonomously
- High productivity; writes a lot of code
- Very responsive; quickly adapts to code feedback
- Supports teammates; makes the developers around them better
- Resolves any issues with processes and strategies for the Infrastructure team
- Highly influential within the Infrastructure team and across the company
- Collaborates with others outside engineering to define strategy for product
Sound like the perfect role for you? Send us your resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject. In your cover letter, quickly tell us why you think you'd be a great fit for Lose It!
Send your information to our jobs email: [email protected]
About Lose It!
Lose It! is a leading consumer software company based in the heart of Boston. Our app and online platforms have helped people get healthier and lose over 80 million pounds worldwide, through calorie tracking and social support. With a top grossing Health & Fitness app in both the iOS and Android app stores and millions of members returning to use the app each week, we're proud of the impact that we've had and are passionate about mobilizing the world to achieve a healthy weight.
We’re a small, fast-paced team that loves trying new things. It’s okay to make mistakes; failure is essential to innovation. This mindset makes us a great fit for growth-minded individuals who value lifetime learning and thrive in iterative work environments.
At the core of our mission, benefits, and mindset, we are here to help our customers. If you’re ready to create great products with a real impact on real people, we’re the company for you.
Why work at Lose It!
Lose It! offers incredible benefits, flexible hours, and a work hard/ play hard culture. If you picture yourself working on solving one of the world’s biggest issues with a smart team, then heading out for apps and drinks with your peers, we’re the company for you! Join our creative, fun, fast-moving company with ample opportunity to learn and develop areas you’d like to work on professionally.
Compelling markets and technology:
Lose It! is at the forefront of health and fitness, corporate wellness, machine learning, nutrigenomics and mobile and cloud computing.
A track record of success:
Our founders are seasoned startup professionals; they've taken a company public, sold companies to Macromedia and Microsoft, and raised capital from firms ranging from General Catalyst to Polaris to United Healthcare's Innovation Group.
Small team, deep and interesting challenges:
We may be a small team (under 50 people total), but we're always pushing the limits of current knowledge. The problems we solve are deep, complex and fascinating.
Professional growth opportunities:
We encourage continuous learning through sponsoring employees to attend conferences and seminars to network, expand their knowledge and build their skillset. We also incorporate team building exercises, brainstorming sessions, and retreats to optimize how we work together as a team.
We have fun:
We have a genuine camaraderie that makes us look forward to coming to work every day. (Our other perks and benefits don't hurt either.)
Perks & Benefits
- Commuter subsidization and prime location for public transportation
- Flexible hours
- Open vacation policy
- Profit sharing
- Gym membership or wellness reimbursement
- 1+ weeks for you and your family on our summer retreat
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Premiums are paid for by Lose It!
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k plan
- Casual dress code
- Company lunches and happy hours
- Weekly organic fruit delivery
- Frequent company outings and trips
- Great collective beer knowledge