First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
• Caring – We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
• Ownership – We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
• Respect – We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
• Empowerment – We embrace a culture that supports everyone’s ability to contribute and lead.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Principal Software Engineer role.
- You’ll contribute to Kyruus’ mission and vision by executing on the roadmap and driving work that will help our customers be more successful, our solutions to be ever higher quality, ever more resilient and ever more of a delight for our customers.
- Your typical day will include writing and reviewing code, test runs and configuration in support of and alongside your team.
- You’ll provide technical mentorship to fellow engineers and influence as well as build technical roadmaps for solutions related to authentication, authorization, (SAML, OAUTH, SSO and JWTs) and exposure of functionality for self-service capabilities for customers and internal employees.
- You’ll bring experience with Python or similar programming language to lead software design and testing leveraging the best tools and practices.
- You’ll take on technical tasks that are ambiguous and be able to decompose the whole into executable pieces.
- You’ll bring mature, enterprise-level software development process expertise to influence how your team can more efficiently and effectively deliver quality solutions to our customers through the leveraging of multiple forms of testing methodologies.
- You’ll use your 10+ years programming experience (with at least 5+ years in development operations-type roles) to:
- Help the agile team solve complex technical design problems.
- Exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers with high quality code and designs.
- Assess business value, tech debt, and tradeoffs during task prioritization.
- Understand the needs of our users and customers at the beginning of each project.
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your agile team.
- Mentor fellow engineers.
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed.
You’ll use your communication and active listening skills to:
- How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You scope and execute on team user stories reliably and on time to help achieve roadmap goals, customer commits, reliability and scale targets.
- You regularly write quality documentation which you later turn into automated flows.
- You follow Agile/scrum practices in your daily and weekly work.
- You learn about new tools and technologies and teach them to others.
- You share your technical expertise with Kyruuvians by presenting at lunch & learns and internal demos.
- Kyruuvians in the Principal Software Engineer role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor or management. From here, you could move up to be a Principal Software Engineer II , or you could move into a Manager, Engineering position.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
Where You’ll Go From Here
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.
Read Full Job Description