Principal Software Engineer - Android
Lose It! for Android has been a staple of the Google Play Health & Fitness category for years. Our product-first strategy has resulted in over 100k daily active Android users that we’re able to help live healthier lives. It’s important to us that we continue to improve our app, staying at the forefront of Android, and often adopting the very latest platform capabilities.
As a Principal Software Engineer for Android at Lose It!, you'll help design and build new features, products, and capabilities for our mobile app. We believe that small teams of talented people can do great things, so we're looking for someone that can contribute to all phases of building a great product.
What makes a great Principal Software Engineer at Lose It!?
- Executes tactical efforts autonomously using Java and Kotlin
- High productivity; writes a lot of code
- Very responsive; quickly adapts to code feedback
- Extremely deep understanding of Android platform, Java and Kotlin
- Supports teammates; makes the developers around them better
- Resolves any issues with processes and strategies for the Android product
- Highly influential within the Android development team and across the company
- Collaborates with others outside engineering to define strategy for product
About Lose It!
Lose It! is a leading consumer software company based in the heart of Boston. Our app and online platforms have helped people get healthier and lose over 60 million pounds worldwide, through calorie tracking and social support. With a top grossing Health & Fitness app in both the iOS and Android app stores and millions of members returning to use the app each week, we're proud of the impact that we've had and are passionate about mobilizing the world to achieve a healthy weight.
Along with our core program, we’re excited to have recently launched our newest product, embodyDNA. With embodyDNA, members can submit a DNA sample and get helpful weight loss insights based on their unique traits.
Why work at Lose It!
Lose It! offers incredible benefits, flexible hours, and a work hard/ play hard culture. If you picture yourself working on solving one of the world’s biggest issues with a smart team, then heading out for apps and drinks with your peers, we’re the company for you! Join our creative, fun, fast-moving company with ample opportunity to learn and develop areas you’d like to work on professionally.
Compelling markets and technology: Lose It! is at the forefront of health and fitness, corporate wellness, machine learning, nutrigenomics and mobile and cloud computing.
A track record of success: Our founders are seasoned startup professionals; they've taken a company public, sold companies to Macromedia and Microsoft, and raised capital from firms ranging from General Catalyst to Polaris to United Healthcare's Innovation Group.
Small team, deep and interesting challenges: We may be a small team (under 40 people total), but we're always pushing the limits of current knowledge. The problems we solve are deep, complex and fascinating.
Professional growth opportunities: We encourage continuous learning through sponsoring employees to attend conferences and seminars to network, expand their knowledge and build their skillset. We also incorporate team building exercises, brainstorming sessions, and retreats to optimize how we work together as a team.
We have fun: We have a genuine camaraderie that makes us look forward to coming to work every day. (The other perks and benefits listed below don't hurt either.)
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible hours
- Open vacation policy
- Profit sharing
- Gym membership or wellness reimbursement
- Commuter subsidization and prime location for public transportation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k plan
- Casual dress code
- Company lunches and happy hours
- Weekly organic fruit delivery
- Frequent company outings and trips
- Great collective beer knowledge