Principal Software Architect at Skillsoft
Principal Software Architect
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about "Making Work Matter." With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
- Under the supervision of the Chief Architect with latitude for independent judgement, action and decision making, this Architect will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining solutions which include user activity/content consumption tracking and Business Analytics and Reporting systems, i.e., user activity and business value dashboards and on/off-line reports.
- Functioning as a hands-on architect will provide technology leadership, oversight on design, development and implementation of Reporting and Analytics Services
- Work with product owners to build the vision and design a flexible architecture then work with the team to implement and maintain that vision
- Responsible for the implementation of best-of-breed technologies that align with technical design standards/architecture, business plans and long term strategy
- Lead POCs to create breakthrough solutions, performing exploratory and targeted data analyses
- Make recommendations to improve operational processes relative to efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide input and organizational context to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system
- Work with database architect to design, implement, optimize, and maintain the reporting and analytics data warehouse.
- Node.js, Java
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS services – ELB, RDS, S3, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis, etc.
- SQL (Postgres), NoSQL (Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- High-volume messaging – Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS and Stream processing
- REST, JSON Schema, GraphQL
- Newrelic, splunk
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience with high overlap in culture, frameworks, tools, technologies, and responsibilities listed within
- Strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Passionate, curious, open to new ideas with the ability to research and pick up new technologies, i.e., AWS
- Agile/Scrum environment experience
- Horizontal scale multi-tenant microservices infrastructure and architecture experience
- Data warehouse design, implementation, and optimization experience
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies and process practices
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze performance problems at scale, and make appropriate recommendations
- Ownership mindset and consistent delivery on commitments
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner's Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.