Principal Site Reliability Engineer ( Remote) at ASICS Digital (Greater Boston Area, MA)
- Build new SDLC automation tools, frameworks, and code pipelines (CI/CD pipelines). Share best practices with a focus on the re-use of application code. Demonstrate consistent software delivery practices and produce CI/CD platform solutions using AWS Cloud, infrastructure as code (IaC), GitOps, and container technologies.
- Participate in complex work refinement and help the team understand/interpret solution requirements and set and achieve project milestones through thoughtful technical delivery.
- Improve the continuous build, inspection, testing, and deployment of changes while maintaining high quality and maintainability.
- Analyze existing standards to identify gaps and remedies related to DevOps best practices.
- Communicate effectively with manager, team, and peers to deliver value according to the strategy and roadmap effectively with high quality. Contribute to periodic team demonstrations to share solutions and knowledge within the team and organization.
- Technically mentor, share and guide less engineering staff in your subject matter expertise. Leverage organizational relationships to better plan and position the team to achieve goals.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience with proficiency in at least one language
- 3+ years of experience building and implementing Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD) solutions or cloud platform services
- Strong experience with versioned source control, Git operations (GitOps), git branching, and pull-request/merge-request code contribution.
- Practiced knowledge of best practices for developing infrastructure-as-code, including Terraform/Terragrunt, Packer, Linux, containers (Docker), and AWS
- Demonstrable experience hosting production container runtime environments, particularly AWS ECS, Fargate, EKS (Kubernetes)
- Practical experience with common AWS resources for web services and APIs with a solid understanding of VPC Networking and IAM
- Implement and improve full-stack observability with monitoring, APM, alerting, logging, and other techniques
- Must possess excellent critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills
- The desire to contribute and share in an environment of collaboration and continuous improvement
- Experience working effectively with lean and agile software delivery practices on a team