Principal Security Engineer - Operational Technology & IoT at Immersive Labs
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive inclusive culture
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills.
Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 250 employees and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
This is a brand new role for a Principal Operational Technology (OT) & Internet of Things (IoT) specialist with expertise in both hacking and defending connected devices or embedded hardware to join the Content team reporting directly to our VP of Content
Our mission is to evolve and disrupt within the OT & IoT space by creating emulated environments within our platform that will simulate both hacking and defending connected devices in an engaging and intuitive way for our community.
You will be applying your expertise to create practical and theory content to gamify OT & IoT and make it engaging and fun for the end user. You'll shake up traditional training and teach complex concepts in an innovative way.
If you have an interest in and passion for cyber security, understand the area of OT & IoT, and want to disrupt how employees learn about this technology we will appreciate your input and give you the space to innovate.
Your main responsibilities (these are likely to evolve as we grow):
- Researching OT & IoT, cybersecurity, technology and technical concepts to understand and translate to a non-technical audience across firms.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product & Cyber teams to learn how to create labs and content.
- Work closely with our enterprise partners, clients and the community at a strategic level, gathering information to influence product development
- Define a roadmap & build out a curriculum of content that our community can use to engage with IoT & OT in our platform
- Build a small team to support you in the creation and delivery of this content
- You will take complex concepts and teach them in a simple and engaging way to a varied audience via multi-format content utilizing various teaching methods; written, exercises, questions and gamification.
- Use gamification and game creation to educate, 'telling stories' through technology - if you've created gamified e-learning material before then that's a bonus
To be successful:
If you like the sound of what we’re doing and have a passion for cyber security we want to hear from you
- Deep knowledge of OT, IoT or Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
- Able to think strategically and have commercial awareness around trends in the OT & IoT space
- Clear, accurate and articulate English writing skills - you're confident presenting to and engaging with technical and non-tech audiences
- Able to set technical direction and support others to achieve
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - Valuing different opinions and beliefs. Creating content that appeals to everyone in the organization
- Driven - Continuously improving on who we are and what we do. Exploring your curiosity through research
- Agile - Embracing organizational challenges. Being inventive and disrupting the learning of OT & IoT content
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from dance lessons, pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Help change the face of cybersecurity, apply now!