Principal Infrastructure Architect
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about staying on top of the latest IT trends, and have an excellent knack supporting internal employees.
We are looking for a highly experienced, highly motivated Principal Infrastructure Architect with an Electrical or Computer Engineering background that will be involved in the design, implementation, verification and integration of the next generation of DigitalOcean compute/storage hardware.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Be at the forefront in Serverless architecture design planning, scoping and execution.
- Work closely with infrastructure engineering teams on implementation of Redfish instrumentation protocols.
- Lead development of advanced hardware platforms to improve the performance, QoS, reliability, and endurance of DigitalOcean’s wide array of compute and storage products 12-18 months out.
- Work closely with DO HW partners/OEMs on optimal advance compute hardware specifications.
- Develop models that emulate and analyze the behavior of compute/storage hardware & datacenter architectures .
- Collaborate with Infra/Production engineers and on design validation, system performance characterization, and optimization
- Monitors the implementation for technical correctness to ensure the product/engineering needs are met.
- Creates recommendations and implements new methods, techniques, and/or procedures for software services.
- Analyze performance and Quality of Service metrics for SSD controller ASIC chips and firmware.
What We’ll Expect From You:
Architect level experience in the following domains:
- Hands on experience in Server CPU architecture, memory controllers/lanes, high speed IOs, NAND architecture, DRAM technology.
- Proven track record of delivering high-performance, reliable, and cost effective server platforms for high volume compute.
- Well versed in signal processing, error correction techniques and error recovery techniques for nonvolatile memories, NAND flash, SSDs and emerging storage technologies.
- Solid experience in PCIe & NVMe interfacing & understand the I/O protocols
- Prior experience as interfacing as an ODM/OEM with major NAND, CPU, GPU component manufacturers on custom designed solutions.
- Leadership skills to build coherence in software development teams.
- Leadership skills to create and communicate architecture vision and targets.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!