We’re looking for a driven, communicative senior or Principal Engineer with solid Python and backend engineering skills, with a deep understanding of what it takes to build ambitious and innovative professional software both from a code quality and architectural design perspective.
Essential Responsibilities /
- Deliver full-stack capabilities in our modern, developer-driven tech stack: Python / Postgres / Angular (70% Python, 30% React)
- Consistently apply best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability
- Act as a leader / mentor to the more junior team members
- Work directly with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirements into simple user stories for planning and execution
- Collaborate with your team to estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories to be delivered and shipped each sprint
- Be a technical leader for product features, helping ensure that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle achieving scalable solutions for our customer base
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the technical ecosystem
- Drive value and continuously improve the quality of the team s deliverables by authoring well-engineered solutions using test-first/test-driven methodologies
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing systems and platforms
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of your team
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production
- Exemplify the principles behind Scrum and the Agile Manifesto in all interactions
Education Requirements /
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other technical related degree or equivalent experience required
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or Math, or other technical related degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements /
- 8+ years of software development with demonstrated expertise in Python.
- 4+ years of experience in large scale AWS based software design and development.
- Proven ability to independently conceive and develop innovative architectures through to completion.
- Demonstrated experience migrating legacy platforms to the cloud.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create diagrams, charts and graphs to convey concepts both to engineering staff and management.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with microservices and microservice design patterns.
- Experience with Federated Identity Management (FIM) and Single Sign On (SSO) highly desired.
- Experience in a true CI/CD environment.