- You’ll contribute to Kyruus’ mission and vision by executing on the roadmap and driving work that will help our customers be more successful, our engineers be more productive, code deployments to be safer, and ultimately drive the strategic success of Kyruus. You’ll work with application development engineers to ensure that the end product is a high-performing, highly available, and secure platform that earns our customers’ trust everyday.
- Your typical day will include writing and reviewing infrastructure and tools code and configuration. Your days will be occupied by myriad AWS services, APIs, Saltstack, Terraform, Linux, CloudFormation and Python. You’ll work in an Agile/Scrum environment with your core team as well as partner teams.
- You’ll support our AWS cloud infrastructure to develop, test, and deploy Kyruus products. You’ll own defining and supporting the tools and pipelines to power the SDLC and make peers productive as they leverage them.
- You’ll evangelize the core tenets of cloud service reliability and provide application teams with the tools, methods and metrics to excel at them. You’ll help ensure our production architectures in the cloud are highly available and fault tolerant.
- You’ll take on technical tasks that are highly ambiguous with lots of unknowns. You’ll use your technical expertise and mental resilience to identify that something is wrong and identify what that something is.
- You’ll help educate internal teams on DevOps best practices in all aspects of our SDLC.
- You’ll provide technical mentorship to fellow engineers. You’ll educate internal teams on DevOps best practices in all aspects of our SDLC.
- You’ll report to the Senior Director, Platform in the Platform Core Department within the R&D - Engineering Division.
Respect: How You'll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your 7+ years programming experience (with at least 5+ years in development operations-type roles) to:
- Help the core teams solve complex technical design problems.
- Exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers with high quality designs and subsequent delivery.
- Assess business value, tech debt, and tradeoffs during task prioritization.
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions.
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to add to our stack.
- Understand the needs of our users and customers and the goals of the organization at the beginning of each project.
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your agile team.
- Mentor fellow engineers.
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed.
Empowerment: How You'll Know You're Succeeding
- You scope and execute on team user stories reliably and on time to help achieve roadmap goals, customer commits, reliability and scale targets.
- You regularly write quality documentation which you later turn into automated flows.
- You follow Agile/scrum practices in your daily and weekly work.
- You learn about new tools and technologies and teach them to others.
- You share your technical expertise with Kyruuvians by presenting at lunch & learns and internal demos.
- Kyruuvians in the Principal DevOps Engineer I role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor or management. From here, you could move up to be a Principal DevOps Engineer II, or you could move into a Manager, Engineering position.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with you manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.