First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
• Caring – We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
• Ownership – We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
• Respect – We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
• Empowerment – We embrace a culture that supports everyone’s ability to contribute and lead.
Here’s what that would mean for you in this role and check out our engineering blog here!
Kyruus is looking for a talented principal engineer to join our Platform Infrastructure team. The Platform infrastructure team at Kyruus is responsible for architecting and developing the base cloud infrastructure layer needed to run the Kyruus data and application platform. In addition, this team builds internal applications and tools to power development and delivery pipelines in both the current state and to support future plans and growth.
The opportunity for this engineer is to take their many years of experience and work with existing members of the team and the broader organization to help guide how Kyruus thinks about DevOps, site reliability, application infrastructure and modern enterprise cloud operations principles. This individual will participate in roadmap strategy, proofs-of-concept, and evangelism as to drive effective change through technical teams.
What you'll bring:
- 4+ years experience with Amazon Web Services specifically.
- 6+ years of software development experience involving working with requirements or specifications, formal SDLC processes including bug fixes, features involving multiple branches and 3+ types of testing.
- 3+ years running production services on Kubernetes or similar container orchestration.
- Several years of experience working remotely full-time in a technical role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical projects, interfacing with Program Managers, engineering managers, application teams as well as mentoring and supporting more junior members of the team in a detailed and highly organized way.
- A strong understanding of RDBMS, Postgres a plus.
- Experience working in environments subject to SOC, HIPAA, HiTrust, PCI or ISO 27001 (or similar).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak clearly and openly about past failures as well as successes to bring that unique perspective and experience to the team.
Pluses if you have any of these:
- Extensive Python experience.
- Experience with SSO vendors and federated auth solutions (SAML, OAuth, etc)
- Experience designing highly available and fault tolerant production architectures in the cloud
- Strong understanding of the Amazon tools
- Experience with Terraform and ability to author custom modules.
- 2+ years at enterprise SaaS organizations with 500+ employees
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.