Principal Data Engineer at Thrasio
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:46 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, January 29, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
The Supply Chain and Finance Engineering Team is responsible for the Platforms that contain some of the most business-critical functions at Thrasio such as the Inventory, Wholesale and Finance. We are also responsible for Data Integrations between the Global Partners and Thrasio. We work to ensure that our data is accessible to our ERP Systems, Data Warehouse, Data Analytics, Data Scientists and Business Stakeholders so that it can be used to drive our intelligence efforts, Inventory management, Data Insights, and Financial Reports.
This is a highly multi-functional and visible role, you will be directly involved in decisions that affect every future Thrasio business. The position requires a very technical and hands-on Engineer, experience in working closely with Technical, Product and Analytical teams and a deep understanding of Business needs. You are a highly self-motivated individual who creates a dynamic and creative team environment in which problems are solved in new and innovative ways.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead, architect, design and develop secure, scalable, high-performance and reliable and cost effective Data platform software and services in a AWS Cloud environment.
- Work with Tech Leaders to drive vision & strategy for building the platform for the Supply Chain and Finance Data.
- Coach and mentor Team members in the Supply Chain and Finance Engineering vertical Teams.
- Partner with architecture, Infosec, and development teams across the entire enterprise to establish a strong relationship and trust for prioritizing and delivering projects on time and with a high degree of quality.
- Work with Business end users and translate the business problem and solve them with data analysis and high quality and best technology solutions.
- Partner with Product and cross-functional teams to deliver large scale strategic projects as well as ongoing operational activities related to Data Platform.
- Drive research and standardization of platform components and Technologies that can make up the building blocks from which downstream systems can consume the data.
What you bring to the party:
- 10+ years of professional experience in Data Engineering, Software engineering and Analytics.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Expert in design and implement reliable, scalable, and performant Data Platform and data pipelines.
- Excellent communication skills: Able to effectively communicate in a clear, concise manner with experience communicating technical issues to cross-functional groups.
- Problem solver who never stops thinking about ways to improve.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, work under tight deadlines and have flexibility to change course based on business needs or environmental conditions.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets. Demonstrated use of analytics, metrics, and benchmarking to drive decisions.
- Extensive programming and software engineering experience, especially in Python.
- Proficient in SQL and Data Analysis.
- Experience in Reporting tools like PowerBI, Tableau.
- Experience with AWS and Data processing related Services.
- Experience with workflow management systems like airflow or oozie
- Strong work ethic and strong core values (honesty, integrity, creativity)
Nice to haves:
- Experience in Backend Microservices.
- Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability, and system architecture with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt
- Experience in eCommerce, Inventory, Finance, logistics, or SAAS are preferred but not required.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.