At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join a rapidly growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As a Cloud Network/Network Security Engineer, you will be looked at as a subject matter expert (SME) at Hopper as we migrate to the public cloud. We're looking for passionate engineers that enjoy partnering with software engineering teams to build and maintain automation to accelerate cloud adoption. You will be asked to leverage your understanding of public cloud network and security design and Hopper's software to design and implement solutions to enable software-based migrations that are secure, scalable and operationally sound. Are you ready to come help architect the future Hopper with us!
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND
The perfect candidate will possess the ability to discuss complex technical concepts with a diverse audience across all areas of the organization. They will remain calm under pressure and always strive to add structure to high-pressure, fast paced tasks or projects.
- Deep expertise in one or more public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- Demonstrated expertise securing public cloud accounts, ideally in a hybrid-cloud model
- Experience implementing and setting up continuous testing of at least one major compliance standard.
- Experience with information security tools in a public cloud setting
- Experience enabling Engineering teams to innovate rapidly and securely
- Working Knowledge of Terraform, Vault and other DevOps/Service tools
- Experience building automated security testing frameworks
- Experience with compliance activities for various security frameworks, including working with security auditors to ensure ongoing compliance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated technical leadership
- Experience creating automated solutions & eagerness to "automate all the things"
- Firm grasp of at least one modern programming/scripting language (Python, Go, etc)
- Knowledge of and experience with penetration testing tools
- Experience designing and implementing secure networks in a public cloud environment
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Work with Cloud Operations Team Lead and stakeholders to define a security program that evolves with the needs of the business
- Work with auditors, where necessary, to ensure Hopper meets its compliance needs
- Provide guidance on security solutions and best practices to internal teams
- Work with cross-functional teams using DevOps principles to implement security controls
- Use tooling and metrics to teach engineering teams of findings and methods to remediate
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
- Participate in on-call rotation and travel as needed
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!