At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
The PCF Technical Architect provides technology direction, ensures project implementation compliance, and utilizes technology research to innovate, integrate, and manage technology solutions. As a Technical Architect, you will significantly contribute to identifying best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects, collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, and participate in sales and other various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs. This role is considered part of the Business Unit Leadership team and may mentor Junior Architects and/or development team members.
- Design, implement, and maintain all AWS infrastructure and services within a managed service environment tied to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Design, deploy, and maintain enterprise class security, network, and systems management applications within an AWS environment
- Design and implement availability, scalability, and performance plans for the AWS managed service environment
- Continual re-evaluation of existing stack and infrastructure to maintain optimal performance, availability, and security
- Implement process and quality improvements through task automation. Institute infrastructure as code, security automation, or routine maintenance tasks
- Perform data migration from on premises environments into AWS
- Support the business development lifecycle (business development, capture, Solution Architect, pricing, and proposal development)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Extensive experience as Cloud Solutions Architect with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) in AWS. Experience with any others like GCP would be an added bonus.
- At least three years of experience managing PCF infrastructure
- At least two years of experience with the PCF install and administration
- Capacity planning and installation/configuration of PCF (BOSH/OpsManager/Apps Manager) and dependent tiles
- PCF deployment in a multi-zone cloud platform
- Automated jobs/pipelines for updating the PCF platform
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural standpoint
- Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways, and application integration development and design
- Strong background in Linux
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
- Thorough understanding of cloud computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- MUST have strong communications skills.
- Full life cycle software design and development with Core Java/J2EE
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or similar
- Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, LXC, etc.)
- Knowledge of data migration practices and technologies
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- PCF Certification preferred
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams
- Experience with authoring, editing, and presenting technical documents
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs, including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.