Operations Engineer Manager at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
As a Manager in the Restaurant Integration Operations organization, you will own the smooth addition of integrated brands and restaurant locations to the Grubhub platform. With a focus on bringing these locations on in a timely way, and for their healthy operation on the platform, you will influence the software engineering and solutions engineering teams that build and rollout new integrations and maintain existing custom integrations. And you and the team will work with many stakeholders within Grubhub at large including sales and relationship management teams, in addition to engineering teams, often with restaurant stakeholder and technical staff to make continued improvements to and sustain our integrations.
This position requires a mix of technical and business acumen and is excellent for those who thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments, with skills in management, software development, cross-team collaboration and operations.
The Impact You Will Make
- Team and personnel management of a group of self-starters
- Technical insight and utilization of APIs/Postman, database queries, reports, and institutional knowledge (wiki notes, product briefs, etc.)
- Work with stakeholders from within the organization and clients (restaurants, brands) and partners
- Institutionalize knowledge and processes that make operations maintenance-free
- Build and develop a great team and invest in the development of other team members as a team leader, or as a guide and manager-mentor
What You Bring to the Table
- Outstanding communication skills - Internal and external and technical and non-technical communications
- Always a learner, natural curiosity - The software platform is large and complex, and learning everything once is impossible, so being a foraging and exploring learner is critical in the ever-changing world of integrations and product development in the eco system
- People management - Personnel management skills to support delegation, accountability and career development of team members
- Problem solving and creativity - A strong interest in digging in and solving issues, and considering multiple options and possible solutions is imperative
- Outcome orientation - Prioritizing where to spend effort to yield the best possible results given the dynamic and complex space and fast-paced environment
- Mix of long and short term aptitude - Being able to operate in near term and long term modes of strategic thinking is important to cover not just today but think about how to invest for future stability and robust operations
Got These? Even Better:
- 5+ years of Operations or Software Technology experience
- 2+ years of Management experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]