Operations Engineer - Configuration at Grubhub
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub is seeking an Operations Engineer to join our Ordering Integrations team. As an Operations Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for configuring brand partners with menu and ordering integrations on our platform. This position requires a mix of technical and business acumen and is excellent for those who thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments with an interest in software development, operations, and testing.
The Impact You Will Make
- Use your technical chops - Intake JIRA tickets, make configurations across several platform-specific systems, write and execute command line interface scripts
- Take an "owner" approach - Manage assigned tickets and projects by executing a workflow to ensure that potential roadblocks and risks are identified and deadlines are met
- Collaboration - Communicate and coordinate across cross-functional stakeholder teams to establish alignment of assigned objectives
- Switch from big picture to small details - You're just as comfortable and excited to roadmap an architecture flow with a partner's CTO as you are to review logs to triage pernicious bugs for their QA team
- Documentation - Write and maintain technical and process oriented documentation.
- Innovate - Develop solutions and processes to enable others to repeatedly execute without technical expertise.
What You Bring to the Table
- You have outstanding communication skills - You'll need to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders within and outside of our company. You'll take calls with partners either representing our API & functionality or troubleshooting an issue.
- Be a fast learner - The software platform does a lot, and you'll need to pick up all the ins and outs of the product in your first few months on the job, and retain all of that knowledge to help you with future projects.
- Strong technical acumen - Preferably experience with command line scripts, SQL, reading and interpreting error logs, familiarity with query and data tools such Redash and Tableau, familiarity with relational databases.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]