We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We build highly scalable systems that process trillions of data points every day to provide real time alerts, visualizations, log aggregations, and application traces for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The APM Team at Datadog provides mission critical application health and performance monitoring for customers of all sizes and industries. We’re taking a new approach to APM with distributed tracing, profiling and seamless integration with Datadog’s Infrastructure and Logs products.
We are looking for an expert Java developer who can help push our JVM tracing and profiling tools to the next level. Come and join us to build amazing open-source software!
- Write open-source code that instruments thousands of Java applications around the world
- Drive our open-source Java projects and engage with the community to find and fix the most important challenges
- Join a great team building software the right way
- Your knowledge of JVM is deep and you’ve been in direct contact with JVM internals
- You’re knowledgeable about JIT optimization techniques, you’ve wrestled different garbage collector algorithms, fixed race conditions and you know the acronyms BCI and ASM
- You’ve written piles of clean, correct, well-tested, performant, idiomatic Java code
- You’re experienced with tools to collect diagnostic and profiling data (e.g. JFR and JMC)
- You’re experienced with performance optimization of applications, frameworks and libraries
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You know another language that runs on the JVM, like Scala or Clojure
- You have experience with Java EE
- You have experience with multiple programming models for concurrency, such as Akka