We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Datadog is building a world-class APM product that traces requests as they flow across complex systems. We are looking for an expert C++ developer who can help push our tracing tools to the next level. Come and join us to build amazing open source software.
- Write open source code that traces thousands of distributed applications written in C++ around the world
- Drive our open source C++ projects and engage with the community to find and address the most important challenges
- Join a great team building software the right way
- You’re a master C++ programmer. You’ve written high-performance and concurrent applications, and know your way around modern C++ . You don’t reinvent the wheel but you prefer keeping your code concise and efficient
- You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field
- You have have experience with code telemetry and introspection
- You have experience with distributed systems
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.