Our mission at Toast is to empower the restaurant community to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive! Toast is a powerful and easy to use all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants grow their business and delight their guests in new and innovative ways.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you participate in the design, analysis, and prototyping of new products. You’ll work in a product oriented development environment and collaborate with suppliers and outside sources to design and deliver products through production.
We are in a very competitive field so we need you to innovate and develop iconic computing devices for the fast-paced POS hardware field. You’ll need to have a solid mechanical design background, as well as fast-paced development lifecycles. You will be expected to work closely with cross functional teams in operations, product development, program management and hardware to define and deliver outstanding products. We empower small teams to do a lot in a fast-moving work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop the mechanical components of our next generation of POS devices and subsystems.
- Oversee suppliers and design partners in developing part designs and mechanical systems from concept to production.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to deliver world class devices.
- Root cause design, manufacturability, or production issues to optimize designs to successfully take products to mass production.
- Design for function, reliability, human factors, manufacturability, and cosmetic requirements.
- Support reliability issues related to products that are in the field and being used by our customers.
Knowledge & Experience:
- BS degree in mechanical engineering.
- Demonstrated excellence collaborating across project teams with ID and electrical engineers.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience with consumer, enterprise, and/or handheld product design.
- Experience with CAD tools (Solidworks is preferred.)
- Experience with mechanical design and manufacturing processes of plastic, glass, rubber, metal components, PCBs/FPCBs, soft goods and opto-electronic physical designs used in electronic products.
- Experience with decorating technologies like painting, anodization, plating, printing and coatings.
- Hands-on, real-world troubleshooting experience.
- Experience supporting overseas manufacturing builds.
- Experience with bringing to new products to market.
- Experience with sustaining engineering responsibilities for product that have been in the field at customers.
- MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Shipped multiple products.
- Knowledge of the POS industry.
- Knowledge of Android based devices.