Mechanical Engineer I at Markforged
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer I to join our team that is developing the next generation of 3D printers. You will leverage your expertise in mechanism and machine design to help launch the next generation of additive manufacturing equipment. At Markforged we work well in multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, software, and systems engineers. Familiarity with control theory and software development principles will be especially important because you’ll be a part of a team that’s developing complex, high performance systems which are driven by state of the art software.
- Evaluate printer system performance and drive improvements to part quality and speed
- Root cause system level issues, identify corrective and preventative actions, and work cross functionally to resolve problems.
- Analyze systems and subsystems to uncover opportunities for optimizing designs in terms of performance, quality, reliability and cost
- Advocate for best practices, driving cross functional collaboration and continuous improvement of designs, processes and tools
- Pursue the rapid creation and transfer of knowledge to drive technical progress and efficient decision making
- Clearly and proactively communicate to others within and across projects and function
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, (M.S. preferred)
- 1+ years demonstrated success delivering complex electromechanical systems including industrial automation equipment, robots or similar systems that combine actuation systems, motion control, custom sensor integration, electronics, thermal systems or similar content.
- Strong fundamentals in the field of Mechanical Engineering including design and analysis from 1st principles, trade-studies, failure analysis and system level design
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: Systems analysis, systems modeling, control theory, FEA, CFD, Root cause analysis, Structured problem solving
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team of engineers through influence. A willingness to share know-how and best practices learned through your years of real-world experience