Materials Laboratory Technician
In this role, you will:
- Characterize plastic and metal materials with a variety of analytical equipment (Mechanical, Thermal, Electrical properties) under the guidance of materials scientists
- Record data, summarize findings, and present results to the Materials team
- Ensure lab equipment is properly calibrated and perform necessary maintenance
- Use and maintain the chemical inventory system
- Comply with safety and protective equipment regulations
- A Bachelor's degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related. An associates or technical degree with relevant experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated success with documentation
- Attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Have enthusiasm in 3D printing
- Ability to lift samples and stock lab materials
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.