Manufacturing Process Engineer (Compounding) at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:22 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing so you can build anything you imagine. As the fastest-growing additive manufacturing company in the US, Markforged provides the most affordable metal and carbon fiber 3D printers on the market. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged products for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and production parts to optimize their manufacturing operations and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally and $137 million in both strategic and venture capital.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer’s primary responsibilities are to identify, plan and lead new product introduction + improvement projects across the manufacturing plant utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies. The responsibilities range from strategic to tactical and will align with the overall company objectives of creating a ‘best in class’ operating model. The successful candidate will lead process deployment, equipment and facility recommendations, training, mentoring and continuous improvement. Which will improve safety, delivery, quality, cost, lead-time, inventory levels, and reduce product/process variation.
In this role you will:
- Lead tech transfer and scale up of compounding activities from engineering to manufacturing
- Develop SOPs and work instructions for existing and new processes
- Drive quality and yield improvement initiatives
- Support new product development initiatives
- Troubleshoot material and machine failures
- Improve efficiency through lean, 6S, and continuous improvements efforts
- Drive and support production excellence and efficiency
- Design and implement hardware, tooling, and fixtures to improve manufacturing excellence and drive process improvement
- Train and lead production technicians to ensure quality and repeatability
- Lead cross functional process improvement and cost reduction projects
- Manage production safety and quality programs
- Identify gaps and best practices to enhance Makforged operations
- Drive improvements in compounding and support transfer to extrusion
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years related experience
- LEAN Manufacturing
- Six Sigma
- Kanban Systems
- Process Documentation
- Solidworks / CAD / CAM
- Compounding / mixing / blending materials (Preferred)
- Plastics Extrusion or related (Preferred)
- Fiber Material Processing (Preferred)
- OSHA Compliance (Preferred)
- Python (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Apps
- Passion for production and continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving abilities
- Manages multiple projects with a sharp attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate (oral, written and numerical) to all levels of the organization
- We use Apple computers and G-suite collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.
- Six Sigma – Green Belt
Professional Certification (preferred):
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description