Manufacturing Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll*: (Responsibilities)
- Provide leadership through strategic direction and active engagement to align Manufacturing functions and priorities with Toast business goals
- Manage the “life cycle” of component procurement, from the earliest stages of vendor selection all the way to when the component is being assembled.
- Work with accounting and finance on EOM close, PO reconciliations and approvals
- Work with product and engineering teams on sourcing strategy, supplier roadmaps, market analysis and conducting design and cost trade-off analyses to ensure quality, pricing, and delivery standards are met.
- Responsible for sourcing of hardware to help Toast meet its plans for scaling and cost.
- Analyze current spend and evaluate current suppliers. Consolidate spend across supply base to create leverage, analyze purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives. Identify new high potential suppliers.
- Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Manage material procurement, storage and shipping across the entire supply chain
- Forecast Demand, develop and implement initiatives to reduce supply chain costs, improve inventory turns and increase customer satisfaction
- Develop strategies to minimize disruption risk and secure business continuity
- Maintain performance metrics and KPIs for all associated Manufacturing Ops functions
- Foster a Customer Service culture through active engagement, leadership, and a strong sense of accountability within the department
- Partner with key stakeholders in Hardware Engineering, Product, Operations and business leaders across the organization to provide strategic insight and recommendations
- Manage the use of Netsuite ERP, Looker and other related applications while scoping new tools
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- High energy and motivation to achieve results, and willingness to be independently entrepreneurial and a self-starter
- 5+ years of relevant work experience within manufacturing, NPI, complex supply chains, and strategies
- Experience with ERP and PLM systems/implementation required
- Evidence of enabling Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or 5S methodologies
- Prior experience working with an overseas supplier base
- History of excellent judgement and productive communication