Manager, Web Applications Demo (1140)
Pune, IndiaAbout The Company
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!About Your Team
Demo Team is the R&D, Operations & Technical Enablement function of Presales.
We provide Solution Engineers the right tools, training and support to deliver competition-crushing, deal-winning demos while minimizing toil and maximizing velocity. We stock the supplies, build the bridges, destroy the obstacles, and ensure clear paths and safe passage for our SEs every time they get in front of a customer to demo.
Our team not only develops, maintains and enhances core demo assets and infrastructure, but serves as an innovation center as well where new ideas and prototypes help shape the direction of new products and solutions.
As a member of the Demo Team, you’ll work cross functionally in a dynamic environment with other Demo Team members in the US, and Acquians around the world. You’ll have the opportunity to provide critical support in the closure of new business and influence the roadmap of one of the fastest growing tech companies around.
We’re on a mission to expand Demo Team in Pune with the very best individuals and are committed to building exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity.The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Manager to grow and lead our new Demo Team expansion in Pune. This is your chance to grow a regional engineering team from the ground up, leveraging your outstanding interpersonal skills in combination with your Presales experience and broad technical expertise to dramatically scale the capabilities and impact of our product demos.
In this role, we need someone who
- Has top-notch communications skills - spoken and written, 1 on 1 as well as in large team settings (in person and remote)
- Motivates and inspires people around them with vision, encouragement and valuation of their ideas
- Provides technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Maintains high morale and motivates the delivery team to go above and beyond
- Collaborates with Demo Team leaders and other cross functional groups in North America and Europe during US ET hours
- Acts as a player/coach - hands on with applications, processes and tools as well as managing and developing others
- Understands technology-agnostic end to end software development, operations & maintenance best practices
- Is capable and willing to learn and work with various technologies as needed which may be unfamiliar, with support from other Demo Team engineers
- Actively engages in architecture discussions and planning
- Participates in cross-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other teams
- Masters / Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Technology Management or Equivalent Experience
- 10+ years of experience in software development and/or DevOps
- 5+ years industry experience leading software development and/or DevOps projects
- 5+ years experience working directly with US and European teams
- 3+ years of management experience in leading teams
- Presales experience (as a Solution Engineer, Sales Engineer, Demo Engineer, or Solutions Architect or Solutions Consultant)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to work in US ET hours
- Ability to be nimble, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications
- Willingness to share your ideas, give feedback and propose creative solutions to Demo Team leadership
- Experience with short release cycles
- Experience in hiring smart, talented engineers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and DevOps best practices
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience in communicating with users, non-technical teams, and product management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Technical Documentation and Business Process Management experience
- Cloud Ops and hosting (e.g., Amazon Web Services)
- API and IPaaS experience (Mulesoft, Zapier, Tray, Workato, n8n, Integromat)
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Subversion, Git)
- Experience on Drupal or any other CMS
- Experience with Marketing Technology such as Google Tag Manager, Web Personalization, Marketing Automation Platforms (MAP) or Customer Data Platforms (CDP)