Looking for a company that embraces new technology? Are you interested in Elixir, the Erlang VM, or Elm? Would you like to be an early part of a company with lots of growth potential? Corvus Insurance seeks a talented Manager of Software Engineering to join our early stage technology team. We are a dynamic team of entrepreneurial professionals with backgrounds in insurance and technology creating a commercial insurance company that combines the latest technology with traditional insurance. You will be instrumental in building software systems that create actionable data for our users. You will report to our VP Engineering.Responsibilities
- You will manage 6-8 engineers, with titles between Associate through Senior Engineer
- You will hold weekly one-on-ones with each direct report
- You will build a safe and productive environment for each direct report
- You will give annual performance reviews for each direct report
- You will participate as an engineer on one of our software product teams
- You will ship high-quality, production-ready code
- 5+ years of experience developing and deploying advanced web based applications and services into staging and production environments
- 2+ years of experience managing teams of software engineers
- Desire to immerse yourself in functional languages: Elixir and Elm
- You're comfortable working at an early stage startup and are ready to build a greenfield system (no legacy codebase).
- You collaborate well with others and are dedicated to the company's success
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can soar. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. And please check out what it's like to be a Corvid and our amazing benefits: https://www.corvusinsurance.com/life-at-corvus
Covid-19 Response: We have taken safety precautions to protect our nest so that our employees can work with a reduced risk of Covid-19 transmission. For that reason, we do require all new hires to disclose their vaccination status and associated documentation to HR during onboarding as a condition of employment. This allows us to support a hybrid work environment that empowers our employees to decide what is best for their own health and wellbeing. We’re committed to continuing this environment into the future.
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at 857-259-3995 or [email protected]
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!