Manager, Engineering (Online Campus) at edX
In this hands-on leadership role, you will lead the engineering team building and maturing edX Online Campus. edX Online Campus is a fully-online experience that extends the reach of education beyond the classroom, enabling any learning institution to build flexible solutions for the remote learner and augment existing on-campus offerings. You will be influencing the engineering build out and strategy for one of the most exciting things we have built in years.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of 5 software engineers
- Mentor direct reports and guide them across software development practices, performance management, and goal setting
- Partner with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand customer needs, and to identify, define and scope solutions
- Build high performing agile teams, instill agile practices, and identify areas for improvement
- Practice a “you build it, you run it” philosophy to software development and delivery
- Identify opportunities to accelerate delivery and implement solutions that span people, process and technology
- 5-7+ years software development experience and ideally 1 + year in a team lead or people management role
- Experience with Python or similar backend languages
- Demonstrated experience with agile methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional working experience experience
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.