Manager, Engineering (Master's Team) at edX
Manager, Engineering (Master’s Team)
edX is a collaborative edTech start-up in Cambridge that is passionate about providing access to education for learners across the world. We are hiring a hands-on Engineering Manager to join our tight-knit engineering group.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to make a splash in edTech and manage a small team of 3 engineers. This group is directly responsible for pioneering the first fully online Master’s degree programs on the edX platform. You will be influencing the engineering build out and strategy for one of the most exciting things we have built in years. Check it out!
- Be a hands-on technical leader to a team of 3-4 software engineers at various levels
- Mentor direct reports and guide them across software development practices, performance management, and goal setting
- Partner with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand customer needs, and to identify, define and scope solutions
- Build high performing agile teams, instill agile practices, and identify areas for improvement
- Practice a “you build it, you run it” philosophy to software development and delivery
- Identify opportunities to accelerate delivery and implement solutions that span people, process and technology
- 5-7+ years software development experience and ideally 1 + year in a team lead or people management role
- Experience with Python or similar backend languages
- Demonstrated experience with agile methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional working experience experience
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.