Linux Systems Engineer
CrunchTime! (www.crunchtime.com), the leading enterprise restaurant management platform, is experiencing record sales growth and is seeking new team members across the organization who share our passion for restaurants and technology.
Back in 1995, when we created the first web-based restaurant back office system, the cloud certainly wasn’t the buzzword it is today. Since then, the world's best brands representing ten's of thousands of restaurants have chosen CrunchTime as their integrated back office solution and is now considered the industry gold-standard.
We're looking for a Linux Systems Engineer who will be responsible for setup, configuration, maintenance and optimization of the internal infrastructure including network and server environments. This position requires a sense of personal ownership of all systems and projects which are assigned, and will communicate as needed with the Hiring Manager to deliver status updates, documentation, and access any resources or information necessary to complete the task. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn new technologies and skills and will handle each task thoughtfully and thoroughly.
- Setup/administration of Linux (RedHat, CentOS) Servers
- Virtualization expertise using VMWare
- SAN administration including both Fiber and iSCSI implementations
- Setup/administration of network infrastructure (firewall/VPN, routers, switches, cabling, WAN/LAN/MAN connectivity)
- Setup/support of load balancers, servers, and appliances such as NetScreen, Barracuda, F5, Squid, and HAProxy
- Setup/support mission critical business applications (Apache, Tomcat)
- Backup and recovery of systems via third party or native tools including archiving to media such as tape, disk and cloud
- Setup/support of monitoring applications (Nagios, PTRG, Sensu, Cacti)
- DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy management
Production Environment Support:
- Support hosted collocated facilities (servers, database, application)
- Apply system and application upgrades to minimize downtime
- Participate in on-call rotation as well as providing after-hours support as needed
Skills & Requirements:
- Identify and gather complex technical requirements necessary to understand and solve IT needs and challenges for clients and internal projects
- .Sound experience building, maintaining and expanding highly available infrastructure
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand complex problems
- Excellent customer relationship skills in working with external customers to provide technical support
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and demonstrated capability to achieve results in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Desired Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experiences and training
- Experience with Oracle technologies such as RAC and Data Guard
- Proficiency with at least one scripting/programming language
Enjoy Excellent Benefits:
CrunchTime! Employees enjoy a competitive salary, depending on experience, plus access to a progressive benefits program which includes the following:
- Health and dental insurance
- Vision plan.
- Disability insurance.
- Life and AD&D.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent and medical care.
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 401K Plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Educational assistance for approved courses.
- Commuter benefits including parking reimbursement
- Catered lunch every Friday from top Boston restaurants.
- Bagels every Tuesday.
- Thirsty Thursday's featuring fine local craft brews.
- Generous employee referral bonus.
- Community volunteer programs.