Lead Software Engineer at Vistaprint
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vistaprint is a dynamic organization that maintains an exciting, entrepreneurial culture. With founder Robert Keane’s return as CEO, we’ve renewed our focus on empowering and helping small businesses. To do this, we create customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We thrive on providing opportunities for exploration, collaboration, innovation and growth – for both our customers and our team.
Vistaprint is the industry leader in personalized physical and digital products. We empower over 17 million global customers to make an impression – and we’re fueled by forward-thinking and innovative technology. We encourage our engineers to think like owners – to continue to act small as we grow. Every team builds their own roadmaps, and chooses the programming languages and technologies that suit them best. This helps us have a big impact at the enterprise level, while still feeling small and nimble.
Just last year, Vistaprint generated $1.508B in revenue through customized print products, signage, apparel, websites and more.
Vistaprint Corporate Solutions (VCS) is a line of business within Vistaprint that makes it easy for larger businesses to order their print and promotional products using ProShop; a custom branded storefront. As a Lead Software Engineer, your skills will lead a squad of engineers to expand and improve ProShop. As part of our cross geographical team of software professionals, you will be tasked with building features that energize and inspire our customers. In parallel, as Vistaprint Technology builds its new platform, you will help influence how VCS Tech will leverage and contribute to the new platform.What You Will Do:
- Hands-on contributions to design, build, and maintain services and customer experiences that support and grow the VCS line of business
- Guide the growth and development of a team of engineers through mentorship and performance management
- Collaborate closely with product owners and business stakeholders to overcome complex challenges with innovative technical solutions
- Communicate cross-functionally with other team leads, product owners, and business partners
- 5+ years of experience working as a software developer in a fast-paced, technical, problem-solving environment
- Proven track record of engineering excellence including continuous delivery of high quality, massively scaled, innovative software
- Mastery of at least one object-oriented programming language (Java, C#, etc.)
- Cloud experience
- Experience with Agile development using Scrum or Kanban
- Strong ability to communicate with diverse audiences (including technical, non-technical and senior management)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent collaboration and the desire to work with a cross-cultural team
- Opportunity to work on an extremely collaborative, globally dispersed team
- Chance to influence and drive decisions around new technologies and how the team works
- Experience setting architectural and development ideals and standard methodologies
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Continuous development opportunities such as trainings and conferences
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vistaprint is a dynamic organization that maintains an exciting, results-oriented culture. Empowering and helping small businesses is our core focus, with an emphasis on crafting customer value (and delight) through accessible, ground breaking technology. We grow with providing opportunities for exploration, collaboration, innovation and growth – for both our customers and our team.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.