Lead Software Engineer in Test
As a Lead Software Engineer in Test you will work as a member of the engineering team to guide and drive our automated testing efforts. You will manage a group of Software Engineers in Test, and work closely with Product, Engineering, and Technical Operations on the design, development and execution of test scenarios.
A “typical” day requires working with a development team. We expect you to understand how our customers use our products, to engage proactively with product owners to design and develop test cases, including tests related to customer use case and configurations. You will develop domain expertise, mentor SETs and create the future of our test automation strategy. We look to you to be an advocate for standard methodologies that aid in the delivering of high quality products and balancing the importance of time-to-market.Key Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor and manage a group of Software Engineers in Test
- Collaborate across teams to understand how our customers use our software, and build a comprehensive set of test plans and test strategies
- Build Integration, Performance, and E2E testing frameworks
- Design and systematize QA metrics, processes, tools and test cases
- Advocate for and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress
- Attend project meetings and contribute by reporting on test automation development progress, blockers, bugs, and risks.
- Review code changes as they are made to become familiar with the technical implementation of products in order to have a focused testing approach
- Work side-by-side with developers to design test plans, communicate test results and defects. Help development when debugging issues by providing detailed information (i.e. reproducing via different builds, logs, screenshots, videos, etc.) and filtering environment related noise.
- Connect with Deployment Engineers (in the field) to understand existing production issues and modify testing strategies to incorporate cases to prevent reoccurring production issues.
- Maintain the issue backlog and work with Development and Product to prioritize and include fixes within subsequent releases.
- Develop automations and efficiency improvements for manual QA work
- 5+ years experience in managing technical QA teams
- 10+ years’ experience in software test and test automation, including experience writing and maintaining tests for web services and for test automation frameworks
- Ability to lead and set direction for software test projects.
- Experience with a modern web development framework and tooling
- Desire to work with both manual (given full stack & robotics) and automated testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems