Lead Software Engineer, Dealer Solutions
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
Our B2B engineering team, Dealer Solutions, is looking for a Lead Software Engineer, Dealer Solutions. to join the team in Cambridge, MA. In this role, you will build, grow, and lead products in our dealer digital marketing suite, CarGurus Real-time Performance Marketing (RPM).
CarGurus RPM leverages the largest online in-market car shopping audience, as well as the technology used to acquire that audience, to deliver quality traffic to dealer websites. We focus on solving technical problems that are specific to auto and specific to our customers, and we partner with a variety of advertising technology platforms to bring it all together. We design ad creative, refine vehicle recommendations, optimize bidding, collect statistics, and build dashboards. Working in this role on CarGurus RPM can allow you to use your AdTech expertise while working within the largest auto shopping marketplace in the U.S. This is not your traditional AdTech opportunity.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement new products and features in CarGurus RPM
- Collaborate with product management, data analysts and other engineers to identify and scope opportunities
- Work with partner companies to maintain and grow existing products
- Contribute to roadmap definition
- Monitor and improve upon performance of existing products and solutions
- Be an owner of critical pieces of software
- Make data-driven decisions
Who You Are:
- 7 to 10 years of experience in software development
- Previous experience in advertising technology
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Strong understanding of MySQL or similar relational database
- Interest in performance optimization
- Ability to guide and mentor more junior engineers
- Ability to work directly with business partners when needed
- Product focused engineer
- Able to collaborate well with cross-functional team
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.