Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you ready for a change?
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to build new, innovative solutions to expand the benefits available to Employees that work at a Toast Restaurant. This includes Team Management, Tipping, and Payroll, to name a few. The team is responsible for delivering both native iOS and Android apps, so we are both looking for platform experts and generalists that can contribute to the full stack. We need your help to improve our platform and add the next generation of products. You will have the opportunity to make an impact immediately.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Ship code that has a massive impact on helping restaurant employees thrive
- Be part of a team working collaboratively with Research, Design, Product, and other engineers.
- Champion best practices for development, deployment, and quality life-cycles
Do you have the right ingredients? (Requirements)
- Proficient in one or more architecture patterns, like MVC, MVP, MVVM, VIPER, etc.
- Experience with mobile testing culture in an agile environment.
- Experience with building high-quality native iOS apps with Swift.
- Have built out an app from conception all the way through to the Apple AppStore.
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Experience with or a willingness to learn Android development
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
Our Tech Stack
We develop our native apps on iOS and Android using Swift and Kotlin, both of which follow a similar architecture that is as close to the platform as possible. Our iOS app uses the latest APIs including SwiftUI. Our Android app uses Jetpack and the latest packages from Google. Both apps use Apollo GraphQL for a majority of their API models and networking. Our backend services use Kotlin and Node.js. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using GraphQL, Kotlin, and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda.
#oneteam #leadwithhumility #alwaysbehungry #LI-remote
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.