Lead Full Stack Engineer, Digital Team at Vistaprint
Vistaprint is looking for a leader in full stack engineering for the Digital Services business unit. The right person will help move our platform to the next level both by writing code and by empowering teammates. You’ll be working as part of a skilled, collaborative team to jointly design and implement high visibility applications. This is an IDEAL job if you are an engineer with 5 or more years of experience who wants to be part of a small, highly skilled team, feels total ownership of your work, and can’t imagine a day without contributing to the success of your project and your team.
You are a skilled engineer, with experience in software development for enterprise and SaaS platforms, leading or advising teams and delivering initiatives. You have a deep understanding of how technology can attain ambitious business goals. You are creative, focused, and curious about the tools and technology you use. You enjoy both software design and working hands-on deep in the code.
You believe in supporting teams by unlocking their potential through mentoring, coaching and continuous improvement. You have experience in forming teams and enabling productivity by seeking clarity in goals and execution. You have strong communication skills. You understand how to align team’s execution to be accountable to business goals and report to stakeholders on your progress.
Vistaprint Digital provides an easy-to-use, reliable and cost-effective online marketing platform specifically designed for the small business. The Vistaprint Digital platform powers the online marketing of millions of small businesses around the globe with its complete suite of website, social media, email, and other digital identity and marketing products. Vistaprint Digital enables small businesses to launch online, get noticed, engage customers and grow.
Vistaprint is a global e-commerce brand empowering more than 16 million micro business owners to professionally promote their business with quality printed and digital marketing products at an affordable price. Our world-class online design studio allows customers to easily customize their products including business cards, marketing materials, signage, promotional products, apparel, Vistaprint websites, digital marketing, cards and stationery at www.vistaprint.com. We support 25 localized Vistaprint websites serving various global markets and have thousands of employees in offices worldwide. Vistaprint is a Cimpress (Nasdaq:CMPR) brand.
Your role will involve:
· Leading or participating with a deep level of expertise on a highly skilled software development team designing, coding, code reviewing, testing, and releasing functionality to our customers.
· Partnering with other engineers and product managers, becoming a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
· Mentoring and collaborating with teammates to make sure the squad delivers with quality, applying best practices and in alignment with business goals.
· Taking operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation.
· Providing guidance to teammates about software engineering fundamentals, paradigms and emerging trends.
· Championing an environment that supports your individual growth and the growth of your teammates.
· Actively participating in a culture of respectful continuous feedback.
What we offer:
- Join a multi-billion dollar organization that focuses on continuously modernizing its technology platform.
- Work in a highly collaborative, self-organizing team + the ability to decide how your team works and what technologies you use.
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits.
- Flexible working hours with paid time off.
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training, conferences, and online training subscriptions.
- Free food, drinks, and many company and team events.
- Culture of thoughtfulness, respect and accountability. When we drink coffee, we fill the coffee bean grinder for the next person.
- An environment that values diversity and fosters inclusion.
- And more!
What will you bring:
· Prior experience working as a software developer for 5+ years in a fast-paced technical, problem-solving environment.
· Few recent software engineering projects that you can talk about, sharing and explaining some of what you’ve built.
· Examples of situations where you helped team(s) develop a shared understanding while ensuring all voices were heard.
· Examples of high-tension situations where you were able to maintain calm and a focused perspective.
· Experience assuming responsibility for team's outcomes, taking an active role in finding solution(s) and creating the right environment for a team’s success.
· Experience managing technical debt, navigating complex systems, and sorting complex business requirements with competing priorities.
· Strategic thinking, holistic view of the business and how technology can serve specific business goals.