Lead Engineer, Vivox at Unity Technologies
We are looking for a Lead Programmer to lead and grow the Vivox SDK engineering team in Framingham. Vivox, a division of Unity Technologies, delivers the best voice and text chat experience for video games and has been implemented in all types of games, on all major platforms. We provide and operate the communication technology for some of the world’s largest games including Fortnite, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, and Rainbow Six Siege.
As a Lead Programmer you will be responsible for a cross functional team of client engineers that will be striking a balance of maintaining our successful product offering as well as driving the next generation of communication features for the Vivox platform.
We believe in empowered engineers and servant managers, and so do you. You will drive engineering excellence and smart technical decisions by taking the best ideas available to you from the team or elsewhere. You will mentor and support career growth, while also developing new leaders as the team grows. You will partner closely with our Product team to understand the goals for the systems the team builds, and suggest smart compromises when managing scope. You will ensure we deliver on our commitments on time while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Manage a team of engineers, setting both technical direction and guiding career development
- Maintain a strong technical acumen to ensure accurate engineering guidance
- Capture and create best practices, and be an advocate for those within and across teams
- Collaborate with Product Management and other cross-functional teams to balance priorities with schedules
- Collaborate with other engineers to ensure our products meet our quality bar
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire technology stack: client to network to service
- Proven professional experience both hands on as an individual contributor and leading teams
- Computer Science degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong understanding of server development, threading/concurrency, audio processing, networking, unit testing, and modern architectural design
- Experience in handling both legacy code and greenfield development and can make technical recommendations based on the needs of the project
- Ability to share knowledge with others well (both verbally and in writing), and engage in technical discussions with clients and peers
- Network protocols
- Game engine experience
- Performance profiling, e.g. PIX, SNTrace
- Experience with languages such as C++, C#, and Python
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.