Junior Application Engineer
Join the team that is revolutionizing manufacturing! At Markforged, we build industrial 3D printing platforms to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old part creation processes. Thousands of companies around the world use our machines to print same-day tooling and produce stronger end-use parts than ever before.
We are building a world-class team of Application Engineers (AE) that represent the face of Markforged. If you are mechanically inclined, enjoy a new challenge every day, engineering minded, and thrive in a customer facing environment, you will want to join our Application Engineering team. Within this role, there are two directions that a new hire can take: Content Focused or Technical Resource Focused.
If you are interested in creating compelling content (such as Webinars, Whitepapers, Application Demos, or other special projects) and are an engineer with manufacturing know-how, design intent, and well developed speaking and writing skills then our Junior AE is the path for you.
If you are more technically inclined and you want to be the first technical resource for questions from the field as well as internal sales team then the Junior AE position is also for you. Day to day tasks include running printers, optimizing geometries for fiber pathing and successful printing, answering technical questions, and developing content for use in the field. From this position, progression paths include standard AE roles in both the Field and Strategic teams.
If you believe that you’d be a great addition to this team in either of these roles, please attach a cover letter and portfolio of relevant engineering projects.
We’re looking for people who:
- Skilled at connecting strategy to purpose - connect customer processes with Markforged product application.
- Creative, energetic, and motivated self-starters with a high level of mechanical aptitude.
- Consultative, articulate, and comfortable speaking with inspiration for webinars and training
- Customer focused who effectively leverage printing tools to solve problems
- Able to work towards a goal with focus, but flexible and willing to do what it takes to meet organization needs with a start-up mentality.
- Gain expert technical knowledge and proficiency for Markforged products, applications, and the additive manufacturing industry in general.
- Leverage this expertise to generate innovative ideas for better utilization of our printers with our customers and partners.
- Develop training content for customers and partners
- Provide sales support, solve printing/design challenges tailored to unique applications.
- Conduct product demonstrations, sales presentations, maintain presence at trade shows and industrial events.
- Support internal teams (sales, marketing, engineering, product design).
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- 0-2 years of experience in engineering or related fields
- CAD experience
- Manufacturing experience
- Willingness to travel up to 20% (Technical Enablement Focus only)
Read Full Job Description