IOS Software Engineer at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:00 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
We’re looking for an amazing Software Engineer to join Hopper’s new and quickly growing Ground Transportation team! Our team is building a new category of travel at Hopper so there’s a lot of opportunities to have an out-sized impact on the company!
As an iOS Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for building innovative consumer experiences, setting standards for code and performance. You will participate in the product design process and contribute ideas from a product-focused engineering perspective. You will collaborate with a diverse group of people (Engineers, Designers, Product) to ensure the success of our award-winning product.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Build innovative consumer experiences, setting standards for code and performance
- Create delightful user experiences in an app using Swift and Objective-C.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
- Implement product specification by programming the iOS application using Swift and Objective-C
- Participate in the product design process and contribute ideas from a product-focused engineering perspective
- Participate in the implementation of RemoteUI/BFF framework in the car rentals flow
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Thrived in mobile technologies and delivered delightful user experience at scale
- Strong experience working with Swift and Objective-C
- Experience working with Github to ensure the high standard of quality and code health, provide - feedback on improving the quality of code
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile - ---- Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
- Preferably experience or willingness to work in a fast growing startup environment.
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description