For Summer 2022
The Test Development Engineer will design, develop and implement automatic test equipment and test programs for design verification and production testing. This will include the design of electronic circuits and writing test software to attain full test automation. This is an exciting role for folks looking to gain entry into the world of Additive Manufacturing at Markforged.
Opportunities Abound for our Co-Ops/Interns!
- Inspecting raw materials and machinery to identify defects and malfunctions
- Gather product requirements (e.g. functionalities, speed, safety standards)
- Develop test environments and test cases for all mechanical and electrical systems
- Analyzing results, detecting issues, and identifying the root cause of malfunctions
- Monitor all production stages to ensure safety procedures are followed
- Run quality controls on components and final products
- Suggest fixes and improvements
- Document technical issues and solutions
- Build automated testing systems for regular checks
- Ensure our products and procedures meet industry standards (e.g. ISO)
- Become well versed in Quality standards and regulations
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- Working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical Engineering, or similar
- Ability to learn, understand, and troubleshoot
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical mindset
- Interest in working within a rapidly changing startup environment
- High energy, enthusiasm, and ambition to grow in your career
- Interest in 3D printing is a plus!
- We use Apple computers and G-suite collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.