Infrastructure Engineering Manager at VMware
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud.
Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. With this fast-paced, synergetic group, you’ll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets.
What You’ll Do
- Scale, manage and build high velocity, high-impact teams within the Production Engineering organization.
- Own and be responsible for the reliability and performance of our 24x7x365 mission critical infrastructure platform that contains our products and services.
- Drive standards, consistency and common platforms to unify our products and services.
- Provide direction around operational process, tooling, visibility, and other business-aligned initiatives.
- Ensure cloud-based architectures meet availability and recoverability requirements.
- Deep understanding of the latest tech solutions, trends, and ability to dive into the details of the architecture as needed.
What You’ll Bring
- Ability to think and lead at a high level, but also capable of working hands on
- 3+ years of leading technical teams
- 5+ years of experience with systems engineering and software development
- Experience supporting enterprise-level SaaS products
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies Proven ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams
Bonus Points For
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Site Reliability
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-06-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.