Information Security Engineer at Notarize
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:23 a.m. (EST) on Friday, March 19, 2021
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sales, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%) in the past year, as companies in a wide variety of industries look to us to help their customers get crucial legal transactions processed remotely. We’ve been dealing with a number of challenging (but interesting!) scalability issues, as more and more global enterprise companies look to Notarize to help them speed up business processes and provide better customer service in a new, fully-remote world. We’re building the team that will operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy.
Securing our customers’ private information is essential to our business success. As our Information Security Engineer, you’ll design, implement, monitor, evaluate and maintain the security systems that protect Notarize’s computer systems and data against cyber threats in a highly remote, cloud environment. We are looking for someone that has an understanding of technology infrastructures (Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, VPN, Web-Proxies, logging and alerting, Cloud security).
To do well in this role you should have previous experience in the information security field.
What you’ll do as our Security Engineer:
- Plan, design, implement, manage, document, monitor and upgrade security measures for the protection of the organization's data, systems and networks in a highly remote and cloud-based environment
- Manage and maintain security baselines, procedures, and best practices
- Troubleshoot security and network problems
- Respond to all system and/or network security breaches
- Ensure that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls
- Participate in the change management process
- Test, identify, and remediate network and system vulnerabilities
- Run or create system reports, communicate with associated departments, and additional team support as needed
What we're looking for:
- 4-6 years of work experience with incident detection, incident response and forensics, and infrastructure security
- Experience with cloud security tools and systems (functionality and maintenance) such as PaloAlto, Sophos, Sumo Logic, AWS, OKTA, GSuite, MDM
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques
- Experience with security frameworks, such as NIST and/or certification programs, such as CSA Star, FedRAMP, or HITRUST
- Ability to develop security baselines and procedures
- Experience with change management
- Experience with physical security and networking including wireless
- CCSP, CCSK, or AWS Security Specialty certifications preferred
- Thoughtful communication and collaboration skills, especially in a remote environment
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.