Information Security Consultant Encryption
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire an Information Security Consultant specializing in Encryption to join our team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing and our clients deserve the best. As an Information Security Consultant you’ll be an expert in encryption while participating in challenging information technology and process improvement projects within the field of Information Security. You will be part of a cross-functional team including security architecture, data protection, data governance and the engineering teams. You will develop innovative concepts, implement comprehensive strong authentication, encryption, and digital signature solutions; plan and support the integration of encryption, PKI and single sign-on-platforms. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like.
- Knowledge of implementing and evaluating data encryption systems for networks, computing platforms, and application software.
- Familiar with centralized key management solutions
- Familiar with encryption technologies: TLS/SSL, full disk encryption, Hardware Security Modules (HSMs), PKI, DBMS encryption products; application Crypto API use, both wireless and wireline encryption.
- Basic knowledge of industry encryption standards (e.g. NIST SP 800-57, ISO/IEC 18033, and FIPS 140-2)
What your days and weeks will include.
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
- Participate in and actively support mentoring relationships within MassMutual
The skills that make you a great fit.
- 3 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required
- Experience with network security, including authentication and access control, digital encryption, digital signatures, public key infrastructure, and network threat analysis and mitigation.
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Information Systems, Information Technology or Mathematics
- 10 years of experience in information security preferred
- Experience in securities or financial services preferred
- Industry certifications such as; CISSP/SSCP, GSEC, or GCIH a plus
- Experience leading implementation teams or hands on implementation of encryption solutions is a plus.