Fullstack Engineer II, New Ventures (Consumer) at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Who We Are
The New Ventures Program is an innovation engine focused on the creation of new capabilities and new businesses at Toast. NV1 is the first team to launch within the New Ventures program, and we are laser-focused on the consumer. We believe that growing a large consumer base can unlock tremendous value for restaurants. To that end, our mission is to digitize the entire dining experience and make it magical.
NV1 is early in our product journey - much like a seed-stage startup within Toast. And, like a startup, we expect to move fast and learn along the way.
About This Roll* (Responsibilities)
- Build and maintain consumer-facing web experiences at New Ventures
- Work closely with the leads to identify high-impact opportunities
- Rapidly prototype solutions using a combination of web technologies
- Make technical decisions and recommendations that will lay the foundation for the future of our strategy
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Qualities & Essential Skills)
- 2+ years of experience developing web applications using JS frameworks such as React or Angular
- Prior of experience with building services using Python frameworks such as Django or Flask
- Familiarity implementing designs provided by high-fidelity UX mocks in Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Experience shipping and maintaining testable code bases, including API design and unit-testing frameworks
- Passionate about making users happy and seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Ability to embrace the agile mindset and understand that sometimes we need to ship features quickly and clean up the code later.
- Comfortable with testing methodologies and frameworks
*Bread puns encouraged but not required