What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Join a nimble, mission-driven solutions team that thrives on solving challenging data and engineering problems that take the business forward. Help us build a unique and customer-centric web experience for large enterprise customers such as Anheuser-Busch with your full-stack experience.
- Independently build and troubleshoot a complete front-end and back-end web application, based on wireframes designed by the team.
- Bring in data from existing Indigo systems and APIs (Atlas, Marketplace, Transport, Indigo Fields Mobile) to build custom data insights on the web experience.
- Stand up light data collection on the web experience. In the process, help build the feedback loop we need from our enterprise customers.
- Work with DevOps and IT to manage authentication, user-management and data security/privacy frameworks for our enterprise customers.
- Help the team improve the robustness of the current data frameworks built on Google Sheets.
- Transition these frameworks to the backend + frontend of the web experience in our universal data platform that runs on Snowflake and AWS.
- Establish connections and interact with core engineering and architecture teams to make sure that the web experience follows best principles.
- Experience with
- latest web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- frontend frameworks such as React, AngularJS, Polymer, Closure, Backbone etc.
- backend frameworks such as Flask, Django, Phoenix, Spring, PLAY, Express, Pyramid etc.
- building and using RESTful APIs
- Experience developing user-facing software.
- Ability to work well with UX/Design groups.
- Familiarity with web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
- B.S. in Computer Science or relevant engineering fields
- 5 years of experience working in industry.
- 3-4 years full-stack web development experience.
- Experience with front end technologies and frameworks: HTML, CSS
- Working knowledge of SQL and JSON manipulation
- Fluency with version control systems
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.