Full-Stack Software Engineer
Greater Boston Area
Work Hard & Make an Impact
NeighborSchools is that rare company that has engaging engineering challenges, modern technology, generous compensation, and an inspiring social mission. The work we do creates affordable child care options for parents while also enabling providers to run their own businesses.
NeighborSchools is a 7-person startup, and our engineering team is only two people. Anyone who joins our team will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on our company. As a software engineer at NeighborSchools, you will of course get to build fantastic software, but you will also help shape the company culture and make fundamental decisions that we will rely on for years to come.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to:
- deploy code to production frequently, often several times a day.
- work across all aspects of our product and technology stack.
- suggest and prioritize new features.
- design internal processes for the business.
- build amazing, intuitive user interfaces that our customers love.
- review code from your teammates.
Our product is a web platform that guides child care providers through the licensing process and includes tools for operations such as expense tracking, payment processing, and attendance tracking. Additionally, we provide public profiles where providers can market their programs and engage with interested parents.
- GraphQL (Apollo Client & Server)
- Material UI
- BA in CS or equivalent AND 1 year experience as full-stack eng (preference for web-app experience)
- OR top-tier bootcamp AND 2+ years professional experience as full-stack eng
We don’t require candidates to have experience in any particular technologies, (but familiarity with our stack is always a plus). What is most important to us is that candidates are eager to grow and learn and have an interest in building web applications.
Top candidates will:
- Care about the quality of their code, but can also balance priorities against perfection.
- Think critically about what they are working on and speak up if they have a new idea.
- Care deeply about the end user experience.
- Have humility and understand that we all write code that may have to be refactored one day after gaining a better understanding of the problem.
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity
- Medical, dental & vision
- Mentorship & professional development opportunities
- Supportive management & teammates
- Choice of laptop and workstation
- Flexible time off
Read Full Job Description