Full Stack Software Engineer- React Focused at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:29 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 11, 2021
• A passion for building engaging user experiences
• Experience in or willingness to learn type-safe web development in typescript
• Ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
• Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Software Developers, and other highly skilled specialists
• A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
• A desire to help our team continuously improve
About the job
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As Full Stack Software Developer in Hopper's B2B Partnerships group you will be directly responsible for many of the innovative features we’ll be working on. Whether it's collaborating with our outstanding design and product teams or helping our data science group, you'll work on bleeding-edge features to personalize travel for our ever-growing base of customers.
- Create delightful user experiences on our web platform
- Leverage and contribute to a modern web micro-frontend platform
- Contribute to the software design and development of a brand new web framework for Hopper
- Build innovative consumer experiences, setting standards for code and performance
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description