Full Stack Software Engineer, Operations (Remote) at MachineMetrics, Inc.
We're looking for a talented Full Stack Engineer to join our team and help with our internal operations! This position is remote (work from home.)
MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software and manufacturing professionals unified by a mission to operationalize machine data for the autonomous factory. We keep it real by being data-driven, genuine, and encourage our team to balance work and home life. We were named by Forbes as one of the top IoT companies to watch and voted one of Built In’s 2020 Best Places to Work and 2021 Companies to Watch in Boston!
We've combined world-class talent in both advanced manufacturing and cutting-edge technology to build a company focused on solving REAL manufacturing problems.
We are a collaborative learning culture: we work as a team to figure out solutions to the technological challenges of the day. We focus on improving our customer’s experience every day, all the while taking the time necessary to make sure we do things the best we can. We celebrate innovation and want every member at MachineMetrics to have the power to experiment and find novel, effective solutions.
- You have a solid knowledge of full-code, low-code, or no-code solutions
- You have strong communication and product management skills
- Understand reporting problems beyond surface level issues in order to build better, more wholistic solutions
- You love extracting, wrangling, organizing, and analyzing complex data sets to find a story that will enable better, faster, and more informed decision making
- You can gather and process raw data at scale as needed (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling API’s, writing SQL queries, etc.)
- You strive for optimization, automation, and continuous improvement, knowing that what is currently being done can always be improved.
- You are creative, flexible, and supremely detail-oriented but never lose sight of the big picture.
- You are comfortable in an environment of high-growth and ambiguity.
- Familiarity with workflow and automation tools such as Integromat and Zapier, etc
- Champion code quality and architecture improvements to set new standards for the team
- Write code that includes unit tests, integration tests, and documentation
- Review code and provide and receive constructive feedback to help develop the team
- Ensure data security with controls and compliance and own system Admin accesses
In a typical week you will:
- Design and develop new internal business applications with no-code or low-code tools such as Integromat, Airtable, Re-Tool and BI Tools wherever possible
- Assist in conceptualizing our tech architecture
- Find creative ways to automate our processes
- Participate in the constant improvement of the processes to become more efficient
- Keep an eye on the best no-code / low code tools and BI platforms to implement for developing new functionalities
- Collaborate with teams from the various departments to set internal benchmarks, develop critical metrics for new initiatives, and recommend continuous improvement strategies using data-driven insights.
- Design, develop, test, automate, integrate and launch new dashboards, reporting solutions, and workflows across the company.
- Maintain and support existing metrics, KPIs, reports and dashboards.
- Collaborate across the organization to build solutions that serve multiple areas of the business
- Work independently on end to end solutions, from data investigation to visual dashboards
- Be our go-to internal IT resource!
- 3 plus years of experience in server-side programming/API development
- 5+ years experience in creating workflows that prioritize automation and system integrations and providing timely reliable reporting from data for a SaaS business
- Intermediate to excellent spreadsheet capabilities (pivot, vlookup, VBA, etc.)
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to relay highly technical information to both industry experts and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of various Business Intelligence and automation platforms such as Zapier, Integromat, Airtable, Metabase.
- Experience with reporting tools and understanding their API documentation
- Experience with version control systems, like Git
- Experience assisting companies with their internal IT needs