Frontend Web Developer at Markforged
Markforged is reinventing the $1 trillion+ worldwide manufacturing industry so that engineers can build anything they imagine while reducing environmental impact. With the market’s most robust 3D printing hardware, software and material solution, a world-class team, great customers and abundant capital, we’re well placed to continue rapid growth and innovation. Recognized by Built in Boston Best Places to Work and with strong company values, Markforged is also a great place to grow your career.
The Senior Web Developer will own front-end design and development of Markforged’s global web presence. In this role you will report into the Demand Generation Leader and work collaboratively with Creative, Content, and Product Marketing teams. As our sole in-house Web Developer you’ll own our website and help us reach 10 million manufacturing facilitates worldwide.What you will do
- Develop visually appealing, user-friendly digital experiences for www.markforged.com that engage and convert visitors
- Maintain and expand our multilingual website footprint and capabilities
- Ensure the Markforged online presence produces high-quality data, able to be integrated with the rest of our analytical stack, to enable systematic improvement to site quality, visitor engagement and conversion, customer insight, and ongoing testing and experimentation
- Oversee website projects and manage 3rd party vendors and contracts
- Collaborate closely with Creative, Content, Demand Generation and Product Marketing teams and empower them to contribute site content through CMS templates and functionality
- Collaborate closely with back-end developers/agency to ensure high quality, robust site performance
Important Note: Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have
- 3+ years of website management and development experience
- Experience working with content management systems like Craft (our CMS), WordPress, etc.
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Cloud and an understanding of SEO strategies
- Understanding of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Optimize