Front-End Web Developer
As one of the fastest growing Software-as-a-Service platforms in North America, Toast is a Google Ventures backed company that is revolutionizing the $800B restaurant industry. Founded in 2012 and launched in 2013, Toast was recently recognized as the 3rd fastest growing software company on the Deloitte Fast 500 and named to the Forbes Cloud 100. By embracing our customer community, Toast has developed a restaurant management platform that is allowing restaurateurs to delight guests, do what they love and thrive.
As a Front-End Web Developer you will have an opportunity to develop interactive web pages, assist in the build out of Toast’s new Blog, work on an e-commerce platform, and help optimize the highest converting web pages on the Marketing website. The idea candidate will have experience building interactive web pages, have experience developing websites on a PHP-based CMS, and have experience working with other teams within marketing to deliver on cross-team marketing goals.
While it is critically important to understand the “how” as a front-end developer on the marketing web team, it is equally important to understand the “why” behind the projects you will be working on. You’re a perfect fit for this role if you are a detail-oriented problem solver, who can work and contribute to the marketing team not only as a developer, but as a resource to help provide feedback and insights into how we can help deliver on company wide goals.
What you'll do:
- Develop, test, and deliver clean, production-ready code
- Ensure technical feasibility of UX/UI designs
- Build abstract modules/widgets for cross site implementation
- Build and maintain a clean and lightweight code repository for all production code
- Be a confident developer, excited by learning new technologies
- Collaborate with project managers, web team members, and other Toast stakeholders as required
- Be able to effectively communicate ideas and goals to non-technical stakeholders for any given project
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 3 - 6 years experience in front-end web development
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Strong familiarity with Craft CMS or another PHP-based CMS
- Strong understanding of web application security principles and best practices
- Strong knowledge of git, and an understanding of code repository best practices
- MySQL experience, with proven ability to write SQL queries
- Proven understanding of task runners/pre-processors such as grunt, gulp, or webpack
- Good understanding of SEO principles and how your code with adhere to them.