Front End Engineer
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with nearly 600 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
This is where you come in…
We are looking for a Front End Engineer to join our growing DevPro team. Working hand-in-glove with a Product Team, you will provide a consistent, intuitive user experience to all of Ellevation’s products that will simplify training, improve product mastery and user confidence, and reduce demands on user and partner support.
In this role, you will:
- Own and maintain internal UI component libraries and style guides;
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Designers and Engineers to develop elegant, reusable design components for all Ellevation products;
- Collaborate frequently in Engineering design reviews, pair programming and code reviews
- Comfortable working with wireframes and lower-fidelity mockups. You have a UX background and will be able to intuitively understand our users.
- Values clean and elegant but pragmatic and effective software design in order to meet deadlines with high-quality software.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role in a startup, web-based SAAS environment. You could also be someone who has held a similar role in a web design/marketing agency who is looking for more opportunity and “product” ownership/impact.
- Knowledge of responsive, cross-browser compatibility strategies and related debugging tools.
- Detail-oriented, team-player that is able to thrive in a high-growth environment where there can be degrees of ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently and be naturally curious. You seek out opportunities where you can provide maximum value and leverage without requiring significant management or direction.
- Firm understanding of HTML5 and CSS standards and usage;
- Experience working with compiled CSS frameworks, such as SASS, LESS, etc. in code IDEs such as Visual Studio;
- Experience with source control platforms such as SVN, Git, etc.
- Understanding of web page and component display principles using AJAX, partial updates, and asynchronous request handling.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here’s some other perks that make us unique:
- Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
- Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
- Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
- Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
- On-site gym, game room and darts with corkboards behind them to support all levels of athleticism
- Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!