Front End Developer at Acquia
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!Summary:
Help our clients succeed with Drupal by developing and delivering groundbreaking web experiences through a delivery model focused on best practices, standards, and Acquia products.
Front-end developers are members of the Professional Services delivery team that builds and maintains applications on the Acquia Platform on behalf of customers and partners. A front-end developer is responsible for building and delivering solutions using Drupal, Acquia products, and a variety of front-end technologies.Key responsibilities:
Acquia's Professional Services team delivers a wide variety of solutions for our customers, with a focus on Drupal and Acquia's collection of products. In order to support our customers' diverse architectures and requirements, we are seeking candidates who are comfortable with jumping into new technologies and troubleshooting applications with which they are unfamiliar.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life-cycle, turning functional requirements into working application components that meet specifications and follow Acquia best practices.
- Participate in client meetings and workshops.
- Estimate the amount of work required to deliver requirements.
- Report on blockers and collaborate with team members to reach resolution.
- Track time and expenses using project and organizational standards.
- Contribute to technical architecture decisions.
- Develop web applications with a focus on the front-end.
- Create automated tests.
- Perform code review.
- Ad Hoc duties as assigned.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and web and accessibility standards such as WCAG.
- Experience with the use of templating engines such as Jade, Mustache, Underscore, Twig, Laravel Blade, etc.
- Experience with, and interest in, moderately complex web application implementations.
- Familiarity with dependency management tools such as NPM or Yarn.
- Experience translating visual designs to technical implementation.
- Experience delivering software in a team environment using distributed version control systems (e.g. Github, GitLab) and issue tracking systems (e.g. Jira).
- Interested in automation, continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Ability to troubleshoot front-end issues across different technical stacks and scenarios.
- Some experience with decoupled architectures.
- Some experience with relational databases.
- Experience with PHP, Drupal, or other content management frameworks is a plus.
- Experience and interest in Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban is a plus.
- Relevant work, education, or hands on development experience.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.