We’re a venture backed startup building a new generation of automation and fulfillment systems for e-commerce, retail, and third-party logistics operations. Life at 6 River Systems (6RS) is about creating amazing systems that solve real world customer problems. We create magic by harnessing the power of people, software, hardware and data.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and teamwork. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly meaningful problems. 6 River Systems is searching for a Firmware Engineer who has experience developing, debugging, and deploying embedded firmware. Experience with mobile robotic automation solutions is a plus.
- Write firmware to enhance features of our robots
- Configure microcontrollers and ARM processors directly at the register level
- Evaluate and integrate various sensors into our robot
- Quickly prototype concepts
- Improve performance and reduce cost of existing designs
- Provide second line support for our robots in the field
- Proven ability to take a loosely defined project and deliver complete and meaningful results
- Experience with programming firmware in C
- Experience with digital design, reading schematics, and debugging boards at a system level
- Ability to collaborate and work well with other.
- Previous startup experience a plus
- Familiarity with Linux a plus
- Experience with motor control a big plus
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with at least 3-8 years of experience
Position may require some travel (