Enterprise Solutions Engineer
Greater Boston Area
If you have outstanding technical acumen, are passionate about helping customers succeed, and eager to solve hard problems, we’d love to speak with you about the Customer Success Engineering role with Appcues.
We’re building a team that is driven to make a meaningful impact on the success of our customers. At Appcues, Customer Success Engineering means working with customer engineering/design teams and product users to successfully configure and debug Appcues SDK, styling, and flows to drive desired outcomes for high-value customers.
Working side by side with our Account Executives and Customer Success Managers, you’ll act as a consultative extension of customer’s development team. In doing so, you’ll help Appcues win, retain, and expand great fit, high-value customers. Appcues is embedded in all of our customer’s products (a sensitive place) and you’ll be a crucial element to developing trust, communicating value, and building a pro-active game plan to ensure long term success. Ultimately, you will ensure that technical stakeholders see that Appcues meets their needs and can assist in helping them complete key objectives.
At Appcues, you will:
- Consult- 70-80% of your time will be interfacing with customers and applying your technical experience and product knowledge to help them find success with Appcues. Some daily challenges you might tackle with customers include: debugging an Appcues implementation within a React app, customizing a customer’s Appcues theme with CSS, or fixing broken CSS selectors to get a flow live before a tight deadline. You’ll participate in workshops, respond to emails, and jump on calls involving technical stakeholders, major prospects, customers, and C-Level executives. You’ll push to listen, project manage, and overcome technical blockers customers face, while communicating how Appcues can be used to provide a solution.
- Collaborate- You’ll interface with Customer Success, Support, Product, and Sales to ensure high-value customers are consistently on the best path to realizing technical success using Appcues. These situations will also give you a chance to take what you know about the Appcues product to help craft a solution for each customer using the tools available. Putting together the right Appcues solution for a customer is a favorite activity among many members of our team because no two solutions are alike and the possibilities with Appcues are enormous - creativity is needed.
- Educate- As a technical product expert, you’ll possess presentation-ready knowledge and product expertise on all Appcues products, technology, and integrations. Our product is constantly changing, you’ll need to keep up with this change, and proactively build and maintain best practice documentation, education, and resources for prospective technical stakeholders. You’ll be looked to as a key voice of customer insight to help our product team improve our product experience for technical users.
You might be a fit if
- You have 2+ years of relevant Solutions/Sales/Support Engineering experience for a cloud-based software company
- You have a track record of working on technical challenges with customers and are very comfortable speaking with customers in-person, on the phone, or via email. This role isn’t your typical engineering role in that you’ll be asked to put your knowledge to work in front of customers.
- You love solving mysteries, and have the ability come up with crazy workarounds for our customers to help them achieve meaningful results using Appcues.
- You’re driven and entrepreneurial. Customer Success engineering means being proactive, understanding goals, and feeling great satisfaction building and communicating technical solutions in a simple and elegant manner to a variety of stakeholders.
- More than anything else, you are empathetic and have a genuine desire to help people.
Founded in 2013 in Boston, MA, Appcues is a user experience layer that accelerates growth for companies by helping them create amazing product experiences. Ones that are seamless, stickier, and more intuitive than ever before. With Appcues, any company that is investing in its product can make it more usable and feature-rich for customers.
We’re a friendly group of ambitious people who believe the best work environment is one that is meaningful, challenging, and built on openness, autonomy, and collaboration.
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer and believes a diverse team is a stronger team.
Read Full Job Description